Social enterprises combine societal goals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Its main aim is to have a social impact, rather than maximise profit for owners or shareholders. These organisations focus on achieving wider social, environmental or community objectives. It operates by providing goods and services for the market in an entrepreneurial and innovative fashion and uses its profits primarily to achieve social objectives. It is managed in an open and responsible manner and, in particular, involves employees, consumers and stakeholders affected by its commercial activities
Social enterprises mainly operate in the following 4 fields:
Work integration – training and integration of people with disabilities and unemployed people
Personal social services – health, well-being and medical care, professional training, education, health services, childcare services, services for elderly people, or aid for disadvantaged people
Local development of disadvantaged areas – social enterprises in remote rural areas, neighbourhood development/rehabilitation schemes in urban areas, development aid and development cooperation with third countries
Other – including recycling, environmental protection, sports, arts, culture or historical preservation, science, research and innovation, consumer protection and amateur sports.
The European Association for Innovation and Growth is delivers support services to the social enterprise sector through our workshops and consultancy.
INNOGROWTH has a range of services for Social Entrepreneurs:
– Business Planning and Strategic Development
– Market Development
– Tendering for Contracts
– Sales and Branding
The European Association for Innovation and Growth boosts innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe and support the development of dynamic pan-European partnerships between leading universities, research labs and companies. Together, we implement and develop innovative products and services, start new companies, and train a new generation of entrepreneurs. We bring ideas to market, turn students into entrepreneurs and, most importantly, we innovate.
INNOGROWTH plays a vital role in supporting the EU’s objectives of creating sustainable economic growth and jobs by enabling entrepreneurs and innovators to turn their best ideas into products and services.
INNOGROWTH operates as a business network and offers enterprises a full range of services to facilitate market intelligence and to stimulate innovation.
In a circular economy, the value of products and materials is maintained for as long as possible. Waste and resource use are minimised, and when a product reaches the end of its life, it is used again to create further value. This can bring major economic benefits, contributing to innovation, growth and job creation.
A circular economy encourages sustainability and competitiveness in the long term. It can also help to:
– Preserve resources – including some which are increasingly scarce, or subject to price fluctuation;
– save costs for industry;
– unlock new business opportunities;
– build a new generation of innovative, resource-efficient businesses – making and exporting clean products and services around the globe;
– create local low and high‐skilled jobs;
– create opportunities for social integration and cohesion.
INNOGROWTH embraces the potential of a circular economy and supports the public and private sector in their circular transition helping them to:
– Gain: Strong understanding of the key elements of the Circular Economy, policy issues, terminology, theoretical and practice approaches to implementing changes.
– Build: Internal capacity around CE transitions, team competency, leadership and action sets.
– Identify: Areas of further knowledge needed to transfer there organization, the areas of strength they have to work with currently and the opportunity for positive impact.
– Show: There customers, clients and competitors that they taking action on the transforming economy.
Enrolling in a foreign exchange activity is an eye-opening experience.
Education, training and youth activities play a key role in providing people of all ages with the necessary means to participate actively in the labour market and in society at large.
European Association for Innovation and Growth implement transnational mobility activities targeting learners (students, trainees, apprentices, young people), and staff (professors, teachers, trainers, youth workers).
INNOGROWTH works on following types of mobility projects in the field of Education and Training:
– mobility project for higher education students and staff;
– mobility project for VET learners and staff;
– mobility project for school staff;
– mobility project for adult education staff
INNOGROWTH provides a wide range of tailor made services and complete assistance for outgoing and incoming learners and staff.
Tourism is a major economic activity in the European Union with wide-ranging impact on economic growth, employment, and social development. It can be a powerful tool in fighting economic decline and unemployment. Nevertheless the tourism sector faces a series of challenges. We work to address these with actions. We work on a number of initiatives to diversify and improve the range of tourism products and services available in areas such as sustainable tourism, accessible tourism, tourism for seniors, and low-season tourism. INNOGROWTH is involved in initiatives that improve the mobility and skills of workers – particularly IT skills – and help tourism entrepreneurs to manage their businesses.
NUTRITION education consists of a variety of educational strategies that can be implemented at deferent levels, aimed at helping people to achieve long-lasting improvements in their diets and eating behaviours.
The European Association for Innovation and Growth dedicate its efforts to:
– Empower people to take charge of their own diets and health
– Build on people’s desires to be healthy, know more about diets, and eat good food
– Carry out realistic and participatory educational activities
– Influence decision makers to implement policies which promote healthy diets
– Advocacy for improvements in the food environment to enable healthy food choices.